Wednesday, August 31, 2016

So much...

If you've been a visitor to while I've been away, thank you for your continuing support. I navigated most of my info over to www.brynnpaulin.com and had planned to blog there, but it's not really working out for me, sooooooo... I'm back here.

Over the past year, so many things have happened. I hate to admit it, especially after I've been a firm believer of "there is no writer's block" but...yeah, I had it. For nearly two years. Serves me right, eh? This year has been a turning point. First with the greatly expanded On Your Knees then with my brand new book, Light My Fire. On Your Knees has been expanded so much that it now qualifies as a brand new book. It went from 25,000 words to 102,000 words. Yeah, that surprised me too! Light My Fire is a sweet little reunion book. I intended it to be around 12,000 but ended up around 25,000.

Currently, I'm working on a Daly book (Yay!). It's River's book with Seth and Tai. I have to admit, I had a little difficulty getting into this one. I'm not giving away any secrets by telling you I gave River a brain tumor. This book is far more serious than my normal offerings. It's about living and loving to the fullest. (DISCLAIMER: You all know I write HEA, right? There's an HEA in this one, too)

Readers of the series will get to meet (re-meet) all River's sisters and their partners (if they have them). Plus there are some new people coming to town. There are two more sisters, as well as, River's close friend, Madison, who will "star" in Something About Cowboys early next year.

I have quite a few other things in the works right
now, too, but those are staying under wraps until I'm further along. Suffice to say, I have a massive contemporary romance series getting ready for unveiling.

So...what else has been happening since I was regularly blogging? On a more personal note, I've had a relationship change that temporarily made writing romance a bit difficult. I've gone vegan (I've been vegetarian for several years) which has made writing cattle ranching in Daly a little difficult, as well. Both my kids have gotten "all grown up" and moved out. Wow! Being an empty nester is different, but I'm enjoying it to the fullest. I've now got the crazy dog lady starter pack (three dogs), and they're keeping me pretty busy. Oh, and I've started running. I'm pretty sure I look like a deranged brontosaurus and I would definitely be one of the first to go in the zombie apocalypse, but hey...I am out there running, something I thought I'd never, ever, ever do. And it's not so bad. I'm tagging my progress as #BrynnRuns so check it out for a laugh (or hopefully, eventually, inspiration...or just laughs. You never know with me).

Thanks for sticking with me. You all are amazing! More book news and thoughts are on the horizon (and will be posted here).

~~Happy reading!
Brynn

No comments: