Monday, October 4, 2010

Random Acts

Today, I did a random act o Monday kindness. I'm not telling you this to toot my horn. It was no big deal. But I gotta say, it turned out soooooooo cool. Usually, when you do something, you don't get to see what happens after that. Not so today. By coincidence, I got to hear the results. Or the continuation as the case might be.

This morning, I went to Starbucks as I usually do on Monday morning -- Monday's kick my butt. And on a whim, I told the person at the window to charge my card for the person behind me as well. I didn't know her. The most I could tell when I looked up after that was that she looked like she was on her way to work and she had a hot pink baby seat in the back of her SUV. A mom going to work. Definitely in need of a free coffee.

Here's where it gets cool. By coincidence -- or maybe not because we're usually there about the same time -- Bronwyn Green pulled into Starbucks about five cars behind me. And this is what I found out... The lady behind me paid for the car behind her, and the person behind her did the same, and so on, so that when Bron pulled to the window, her coffee was paid for. A whole line of strangers doing something nice for the person behind them. And Bronwyn did the same. So a whole line of people got to feel good about someone doing something nice for them and then doing something nice for someone else.

I love it!

Happy Monday!!! Do something nice for someone else today. You never know what will happen!

~~Brynn

3 comments:

Bronwyn Green said...

That was so awesome this morning!!! I hope it's still going on!!! :D

Molly Daniels said...

That is SO COOL!!! Maybe you've started a trend?? Congrats!

Ashley Ladd said...

Awesome, both the random acts of kindness and the roses from your hubby.