Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Head Space

The kids went back to school yesterday. The "baby" started high school while my oldest started his junior year. I feel old!!!! Oh well, I did have kids as a young twenty-something. This was the plan :-)

So...kids back in school...I am so thankful. I love having them around, but my productivity is slashed during summer break. I can't think when subconsciously I'm constantly expecting an interruption. I get no head space--no time to really think. Yesterday was a day of running so I had no time to enjoy the "aloneness" but today... It's only been two hours and I've gotten so much done! That's probably a good thing since my to-do list is monumental, lol!

I'm hard at work on my next project. I need to get it to my editor asap. Hopefully, now that I can think, it will roll along smoothly. I'm enjoying the book, but I can't wait for it to be done. Next up: DRAGONS!!!

2 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

'One in the bed and the little one said...

Ahhh...alone at last!"

Enjoy!

Regina Carlysle said...

My summers are always majorly screwed because school is out and my daughter is usually home from college. Then I have a good week or two of pouting because I miss her and THEN I have the collection of little errands. Seems by mid-Sept. I'm ready to go again and the new schedule feels right. Oh boy...You will be sending one off to college before you know it. A whole set of new emotions.