Thursday, September 9, 2010

Early Morning Coffee

You know, one of the things I miss during the summer is early mornings. Don't get me wrong, I think 6 AM is an ungodly hour, but somehow, when I do have to be up, I enjoy the quiet time with my cup of coffee while the kids get ready for school. Of course, that's after 'omg, omg, GOD! I have to get up? WHY????' -- that would be me, not the kids. Once I'm up though and the first one's in the shower, peace...

Believe it or not, most days, it's pretty peaceful around here in the AM. The kids have their routines; I drink my coffee and make breakfast. This morning, I enjoyed the scent of cinnamon rolls while I was able to gather my thoughts. Don't be too impressed. It was Grands.

So this morning, my considerations turned to my writing release schedule and workload. I'm seriously considering halving the number of books I have scheduled for the coming year. I want to be able to spend more time on each project. I won't lie. This comes after two Amazon reviews that in my opinion poorly judged two of my books. They weren't 'awful reviews', in fact, I got four stars on both of them, but they're bothering me. For someone who usually has steel skin, they're really bothering me. Bad.

On the matter, I'll suspend judgment for another week or so. Perhaps I'll feel differently after the Authors After Dark conference.

2 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

You're right. I cherish my early morning 'me' time, with coffee and planning my day:)

Bronwyn Green said...

Your mornings sound way more peaceful than my mornings. I think I need to come over to your house. You have cinnamon rolls *and* coffee. I have bananas that are too ripe to eat.

I LOVE your books, and so do a ton of other people, but ultimately, I think you need to do what's best for you. We'll be here for each and every release day no matter how often it comes.