Thursday, July 1, 2010

Team Jasper! Rawr!!!

Good morning!!! Like all good Twilighters, I went to see the new movie, Eclipse, last night. I was hopeful, but wondered how this installment’s adaptation would go. In my opinion, this was the best of the three movies. It had an emotional depth that far exceeded the other three, and though I’ve always been an Edward fan, it was nice to see Edward not looking like he was on the verge of tears or in great pain all the time. Very, very nice. The scenes with Edward and Jacob were great -- and one in particular “made” the movie. (I don't want to spoil anything by saying which one)

So… Many people in reading my Wednesday Wonder Writer interviews, have asked “Team what?” They don’t understand the question. Let me explain for the un-Twilighted. It is common for Twilighters to be either Team Jacob (the wolf shifter) or Team Edward (the vampire). My husband has always said, he's team Alice, lol. I’ve always been strictly team Edward though Jake is so hot and definitely an alpha wolf type. But I have to admit, I have always, always loved Jasper. (Funny note, just before the movie started last night, one of the teen boys sitting behind me yelled "Team Jacob". Cracked me up.)

I’m forming Team Jasper, lol. Jasper is another of the vampires (Edward’s “brother”) and in Eclipse, he was finally given legs (that’s a metaphor for those who don’t know the books and movies – he’s always had physical legs). The Jasper in this movie was great and I have newfound respect for Jackson Rathbone. I’ll be watching his scenes avidly when I get the DVD. Fan? Me? No…

And the bad guy, who I didn't find so bad... (I won’t spoil with why) At the risk of sounding like a total, hormonal fan girl, Riley is hot. Seriously, hot. His mouth made his scenes. Okay, the guy’s not a bad actor. I’ll give him credit. In fact, I thought he did a great job. I was a little distracted though. I was picturing an upcoming hero in my books looking like him.

A bunch of the one-liners had me snorting. One of my favorites, from Edward about Jacob: Does he even own a shirt?

Perfect.

And Jacob (later in the movie): We all know I'm hotter than you.

Double meaning? ;-)

Overall, in case you can’t tell, I was very pleased with the movie. In fact, though I rarely see a movie more than once in the theatre, I’ll probably go see it again.

10 comments:

Bronwyn Green said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself and un-Twighlighted makes me think unconsecrated - I rather like that. :)

Julia Rachel Barrett said...

I've heard this movie is the best of the three, but I'm not a fangirl. Ah well - I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

Jaime Samms said...

I should tell hubs everyone says this is the best of the three, though I don't know that would be a great selling point for him. He'd prolly have some quip about them not able to get any worse. He's synical that way.

Good you enjoyed yourself, though.

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi, Brynn,

The reviewer for the NY Times picked up on both those lines LOL!

Glad you had a good time (as for me, I like my romances with more sex ;^) )

Hugs,
Lisabet

Molly Daniels said...

Looking forward to this movie tomorrow with my daughter:) We're both on Team Jacob!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brynn,
I absolutely loved the movie. They conveyed the emotions in the book very well. I am the bigger Twilight fan in my house but I honestly think it is because I have read the books. But everyone loved it and let me tell you it was outstanding at a drive in. The picture is so much bigger and larger than life.

D

anny cook said...

I sometimes think I'm the only person in the world who is totally uninterested in the teen angsty world of Twilight.

So having said that, I'm glad you enjoyed the movie and I look forward to a time when there's a fan group for John Wayne or Jimmy Stewart or Cary Grant...

Genella deGrey said...

I'm not a HUGE fangirl, but having worked in the entertainment industry, I can totally appreciate the Twilight movies - they bridged a gap between mother's and daughters that nothing else has done thus far.

I want to be Alice.
:)
G.

Hannah said...

Though I'm incredibly late to catch up to this one, THANK YOU for someone else out there finally being Team Jasper. Since the beginning I've been team Jasper and everyone's all, 'Say what?' Edward is just so tortured and whiny, and Jacob is young and whiny, and Jasper's on the sidelines looking at them like, 'Yep, I've had a tough life, but I'm just gonna keep to myself while I try not to kill your girlfriend.'

So again, thanks.

Brynn Paulin said...

Have to agree. Jasper rocks!