Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wednesday Wonder Writer - Lacey Thorn!!

I'm pleased to have a very special guest with me today--my good friend, Ms. Lacey Thorn. Trust me, when you go to a conference, you want to hang with Lacey. This woman is F.U.N! So without further ado, the interview:

Lacey, author’s lives intrigue readers and other writers. Tell me about your typical daily schedule.

LOL Nothing really exciting here. Mornings are rushed as I get myself and my three kids ready for school and out the door. Then I teach until noon and home to write until time to do after school pickup. Homework, dinner and maybe a little time for WOW after they go to bed.

Do you have a pre-writing routine to prepare yourself to get down to business?

NO. I wish. I can be super organized for a week and then it all disappears until I stress and try to be more structured again.

What’s your writing style? Slow and steady? Quick and prolific? All over the place?

All over the place. I may write a book in two days or over the course of several ( and I do mean several) months. I try to write every day but some days are just more creative ones for me.

What are you working on now?

I am working on the next Bare Love book as well as the second in a new series for Total E Bound. I am also working on the next Debtor’s Daughters book and the third Marquetti book.

What’s your favorite genre to write?

Paranormal/Fantasy

I find a lot of authors like to read outside their chosen genre. What do you like to read?

I love Diane Palmer! LOL I rarely read any fantasy books. I like romance, mystery, and horror. Big Stephen King fan.

Do you have a favourite author or someone you look up to in the industry?

Way too many to list…but I’ll give you a few. Lora Leigh, Cheyenne McCray, Linda Howard, Nora Roberts, Linda Lael Miller, Lori Foster, and I am hooked on Janet Evanovich!

Tell me your writing story…when did you decide this was what you want to do? How long did it take you to get “the call”? When were you first published? Etc.

Well I’ve always said that I wanted to write a book. I’ve been an avid reader all my life and “just knew I could do it.” LOL Not as easy as it looks. I finally began writing my first book in the summer of 2006. It took me almost five months to finish it. I sent it off to Ellora’s Cave before I could talk myself out of it. That was His Bare Obsession and it was my first published work. It debuted on Feb 21, 2007. I have been very lucky and have since continued to publish for both Ellora’s Cave and Total E Bound publishing.

How many books have you had published and for whom?

I have sixteen e-books and five print books out with Ellora’s Cave. I have nine e-books, three print books, and one audio book with Total E Bound.

What’s your latest release? Can you tell us about the book and how you got the idea?

My latest release is Into The Mist. It is the follow up to my Ellora’s Cave Caveman book, Mystic Valley. It is a paranormal/werewolf book. I’ve always loved paranormal and especially the werewolf. So this was a long love affair coming to fruition.

What’s your writing space like?

Cramped and uncomfortable until I move into the new house! LOL. But I can make do anywhere as long as I have my laptop with me.

What do you do when you’re not writing?

Work, read, have adventures with my kids and play games. I am a big time gamer geek! LOL

Is there anything else you’d like to share with readers?

Just that dreams will always stay dreams until you take that first step. I did and I’ve been happier ever since.

Last questions…
Coke or Pepsi? Coke ( though actually it is usually Dr. Pepper)
Bronte or Austen? Austen
Star Trek or Star Wars? Believe it or not…neither…..LOL
Team Edward or Team Jacob? Having read all the books (force was required on a couple of them) I will say Team Jacob
McDonalds or Burger King? Ummmm…..Can I say “Yo quiero Taco Bell!”

Thanks for being her Lacey!!! Readers, you can find her at:

Website: http://www.lacythorn.com/

Blog: http://unlacedwithlaceythorn.blogspot.com/

~~Brynn

3 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Wonderful interview! Ummm my kids are WOW addicts too. Funny.

Bronwyn Green said...

YAY Lacey! Love that pic of you, girl! :) Too cute!

So my kids (and hubby) who are all avid WOW players want to know what character class you play. :D

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hello, Lacey,

I LOVE your covers! And the picture of you in the stocks is just right for a fun-loving gal like you seem to be!

Warmly,
Lisabet