Sunday, February 14, 2010

It's Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day to you! It's been a sweet one here. I woke up to the sweetest card, chocolate and roses from my husband. Best guy ever! I'm so lucky!!

It's also been a good week for reviews!!! I got this one for Blood Bought:

Filled with smoldering eroticism and enough action to keep the reader turning pages, Cruentus Dragons 2: Blood Bought by Brynn Paulin is a perfect one-sitting read. The deliciously dark plot carried over from book one flows smoothly, and the incredible chemistry between the two main characters nearly singes the pages. I absolutely loved the scene in the car trunk!

Athena is sassy, opinionated and passionate, whether spitting and clawing like a wild cat or moaning and gasping in the throes of sexual pleasure. And of course, Jonah is just the man to give her pleasure. A take command kind of guy, he knows that a challenging, hot-blooded woman like Athena is just the woman for him.

This book contains graphic language, explicit intimacy and mild BDSM. It can be read as a stand-alone, but since much more understanding of dragon nature and the mating call can be found in book one, Dragon's Blood, I recommend reading it first for continuity. Hopefully, there will be several more books in this series. Ms. Paulin dropped names in this one for at least two more.

Reviewed by: Merrylee
[Thank you Merrylee from Fallen Angel Reviews!!! Here's the link for the full review]

Whoot!!! And then as a follow-up, I got this one the next day for Heart of Ice:

Heart of Ice is a hot or should I say cold little number. Yeah, I had to go there. Brynn Paulin writes an erotic twist on the Snow Queen fairytale.

I enjoyed Kai. He has a noble quality that makes him think of his family before himself; to resign himself to a future he will hate, so that his father doesn't suffer. Once he is sure his family will be safe he gives into his love of Winter. Wyn is lonely, and craving things she can't get from just any lover. Yet to make her predicament worse no human can touch her without dying from the cold. The creative ways Kai comes up with to work around this were extraordinary and added to the erotic quality of the book.

Brynn Paulin is a talented writer, who turns this fairytale into an erotic story that is well written and enthralling. She draws the reader in with an imaginative beginning and keeps them reading with a tantalizing plot. I hope Ms Paulin will bring the other seasons to life, in the same way.

Rated 5 Delightful Divas by Autumn!
[Thank you thank you thank you Autumn from Dark Diva Reviews!!! Here's the link for the full review.]

In more news, I got my cover for Blood of the Wolf my next book from Resplendence Publishing and I want to share it with you. I'm so pleased with how it turned out and so excited for the release of this book in a couple weeks. Blood of the Wolf is book 3 in the Cruentus Dragon series.

And in annoying news... I will be redoing my blog AGAIN in the next week or so. For some reason, my comments are stuck at the top of my posts and nothing I do is fixing that problem. So it's back to the HTML drawing board. When I'm done, the blog should look as it does now, but if you stop by and it looks all jacked up...give it an hour and it should be fixed. Thanks for your patience as I work through this great big pain!

Have a great Valentine's and give your sweeties big squeezes, whether they're the platonic, not so platonic or family sweetheart types. We could all use more hugs!

Hugs to you!! Brynn

1 comment:

Molly Daniels said...

Happy Valentine's Day Brynn:) With the exception of blogger, you're bursting with fantastic news! Love the new cover and congrats on the reviews:)