Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Life of a Romance Writer – Part 2, Tuesday

I’m not much of a procrastinator… Okay, well, yes I am. But I SWEAR this is NOT my fault! I’ve been so slammed with work (and well cleaning yesterday) that I’ve gotten to my deadline and I still have 4000 words to write on my manuscript. Not just any 4000 words. No, these are 4000 words of sex. 4000 overwhelming words. 4000 roadblocks on my way to being finished with this book’s edits. Yes edits. I won’t explain, but I needed to make an addition.

The ever-glam life I lead will today consist of me intermittently chugging coffee and water. If I remember, I’ll brush my hair on the way to take the kids to school. Everyone there has seen me in my jammie pants so no worries on that front. I’ll definitely brush my hair before I pick them up…and probably change and shower (not in that order). Life will not return to normal until 8 PM tonight when I press the send button on my email and wing my manuscript off to my editor.

Hmmm…maybe saying life will return to normal is going too far. This IS normal. And tomorrow. I’ll start work again on my next book. I have 26K to go on it and I want it in by mid-October.

I love my life!!! I really do!

I also love that I got an awesome 5-star review for Single White Knight from Teresa at Rainbow Reviews. Here’s part of it:

Ms. Paulin has created a fascinating story incorporating both the past and present times. The glimpses into the Middle Ages added both depth and substance to the story. The character of the angel who got involved when first Toby than Alwyn were in danger was a great addition to the story. It was difficult to watch the difficulties that Toby endured against the prejudice at his job. I was entranced as the story unfolded to see how Toby and Alwyn dealt with the situations they encountered in their lives. The love between them was never in question, but what they do with it will ultimately write the outcome of this story. Thanks go to Ms. Paulin for a great read.

Thanks Teresa!

4 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

Congrats on the review! Great to see you back on blogger sweetie:)

Cleaning yesterday...we do that on weekends. Everyone takes a room and it's knocked out in about an hour.

I still think I was ahead of my time in 1987-88 when I went to my morning college classes in my jammies:) 8am was just waaaay too early for Math or English Comp!

Brynn Paulin said...

Thanks Molly. I'm trying :-)

With work and deadlines, my blogging has really fallen off but I miss it. I hope to get to it far more regularly now.

Bronwyn Green said...

I love that you go to school in your jammies - that, my dear, is the mark of a dedicated writer. Shove the kids out the door and get back in front of the computer as soon as possible! Clothes are overrated anyway. :)

HUGE congrats on the AWESOME review!!!! Five stars from Rainbow is amazingly fantastic!!!!!

Brynn Paulin said...

LOL. I am a really dedicated writer. I am!!!

And thanks :-)