Monday, June 22, 2009

Forgot My Tiara Again

I’ve had several interesting comments to me in the last few days that kinda amazed me. They were all along the same vein: How normal I am. Okay, I’m perplexed. I’ve never envisioned myself as anything other than normal and down to earth. I certainly don’t feel I have a platform to be snooty or holier than thou. It makes me think of actors and all the hero worship we give them. They have a job they do but I bet a whole lot of them are just ordinary down to earth people. Hmm… need to think on this some more.

Changing directions: Have you ever read a book or watched a movie and come away feeling like a big chunk is missing from here to there in order to get to the ending. I mean, sometimes there can be an elapsed gap of time but there’s wrap up of the missing time in the beginning of the scene after the gap. I watched a movie yesterday that left me frowning. Overall it was great, but there was a big gap between the body of action and the last scene. I wanted to yell “but how did you get from here to there?” It kinda destroyed an otherwise good movie for me. Since I don’t take time out to watch movies very often, it was a disappointment.

It looks like it’s going to be a steamy one here in Michigan today. It’s time for the air conditioning. We’re also rearranging furniture today. My husband will come home and wonder what happened. That’s always fun.

No comments: