Wednesday, May 20, 2009

This Week’s Soundtrack

It’s that time again—yes, Brynn couldn’t come up with a decent blog topic. As you might know, I create “soundtracks” to accompany my work and writing. Usually, it mirrors what I’m writing for the week. I’ll let you guess my writing subject this week. So here goes… My writing soundtrack, May 2009:

Supermassive Black Hole – Muse
Leave Out All the Rest – Linkin Park
I Caught Myself – Paramore
Bella’s Lullaby – Carter Burwell
Carry On My Wayward Son – Kansas
I Cross My Heart – George Strait
Addicted – Saving Abel
Dragostea Din Tei – O-Zone
Mrs. Robinson – The Lemonheads
How Do I Live – Tricia Yearwood
This Year’s Love – David Gray
Lullaby – Dixie Chicks
Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
When You Say Nothing at All – Alison Krauss
Li Da Di (Sexual) - Amber
Losing My Religion – REM
Obsession – Animotion
Melt With You – Modern English
Mrs. Steven Rudy – Mark McGuinn
Like I Do – Melissa Etheridge
Please, Please, Please Let Me – The Smiths
Save a Prayer – Duran Duran
In Your Heaven – Carrie Underwood

Fun as usual…
~~ Brynn

5 comments:

Simone Anderson said...

No clue. Interesting mix of music. Love the book soundtrack. Been listening to mine on repeat. Helps.

Bronwyn Green said...

You've got some of my favorite songs on there. :)

And also some of Killian's. ;)

Molly Daniels said...

I was shocked the first time I heard the 'real' version of Addicted, and my kids laughed at me! I absolutely love that song!

Saving Abel is coming to Indy with Nickleback, Papa Roach, and someone else. I'm seriously considering going with my teenagers, to their utter horror!

Molly Daniels said...

So what you're saying is you:

Started off blank;

Got an idea and was soon 'addicted';

Discovered you were writing about a depressed Couger story;

Was soon 'obsessed' with it;

The ending was in sight, so you 'said a prayer' and finished it???

Brynn Paulin said...

Yeah, kinda like that Molly. Except... she's more lonely than depressed. And he's the one with the obsession.