Sunday, January 25, 2009

Update on the Difficult Characters

Apparently, my characters weren’t aware of how completely difficult they were being. As soon as I posted that rant, they popped out of their slump and went back to work. I finished the book last night at 11:30. Whoo hoo!!! And the peasants sang!

Today I’m working on my next book. It’s been tumbling about in my head for weeks, but today it’s moved into overdrive as I’m working at formulating characters. It’s another ménage so I have three people to sort out. I’ll start writing it tomorrow. It’s for an anthology, so I should be done later this week—as long as my characters don’t decide to be atheists.

Many of you know, I’m part of a new blog. It’s called Writer’s Evolution. It’s very special because it’s been carefully constructed to have writers who are at different levels of their careers. On Mondays, we have the slush pile surfer, telling the tales of life as an unpublished writer. On Tuesdays, we have a new writer. On Wednesdays, we have a more seasoned writer and on Thursday, we have our veteran writers. I’m sharing that day with Bronwyn. On Friday, we have two editors weighing on alternating weeks. If you get a chance, you might want to check us out. This week we’re discussing must-have writing books.

7 comments:

Dakota Rebel said...

More seasoned? I like that. I'm salty. Or peppery. Or paprikaey...okay, maybe not that one.

I am so glad you were able to finish your book. I know you've been anxious to get some stuff off your plate. Good luck with the antho story too.

XoXoXo
D

KellyMarstad said...

Love it! So glad you made it through the other side of craziness. :) Must be that oh so strong coffee you drink.

Kim Dare said...

Congratulations on getting the characters to cooperate. All the best with the new story.

Kim.

Bronwyn Green said...

Congratulations - I'm glad they started behaving!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Look! I'm in the sidebar. Brynn thanks for posting me as the read of the week!

Kelly

Ashley Ladd said...

Love the new blog. Glad you whipped that heroine into her place.

Molly Daniels said...

Congrats on getting them to behave! Mine are fighting it tooth and toenail.