Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Never Surrender

This is "40 Inspirational Speeches in Two Minutes". Very cool. I love playing name that movie.

So what does it take to get a snow day in this state? We got several inches of snow last night and the roads are slick as anything. Unless my weather indicator is lying,it's the last "snow event" for a while.

That's the new buzz word for meteorologists. Event. We're experiencing a weather event. No we're not. It's a storm. Is event a new PC term designed to keep the public from panicking? If so they need to scale back the dire warnings that always go along with the "event" warnings. Event makes me thing of popcorn, peanuts and $3 soft drinks. "How 'bout those snowflakes? They're having a very good year."

~~Brynn

9 comments:

Brynn Paulin said...

Makes me think of those things too. Don't you love typos?

Bronwyn's Blog said...

Dang it, Brynn...now I just want to sit around and watch movies all day instead of doing any actual work!

As for getting a snow day, ,I'm pretty sure it's going to take bribing school superintendents. Grrrr

Anny Cook said...

We're having a rain/ice/snow event... that somehow turned into a fog event. Stay warm and say with your popcorn and peanuts!

Dakota Rebel said...

We are getting 6 - 10" of snow between midnight and noon tomorrow. They have not had the nerve to call this an "event" this is a flat out Winter Storm Warning. And it sucks cause we HAVE to be at work tomorrow for the Christmas party. Grrr......

XoXoXo
D

Brynn Paulin said...

Yeah that's supposed to hit here tonight at 7. Big news on all the stations. They're saying a foot for us. Maybe that snow day will develop after all.

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

T says they're waiting until the first kid dies before they call a snow day this year. He's a cynical little snot, but I have to admit it's a bit puzzling.

I heard there's supposed to be another on Thursday night...

KellyMarstad said...

That was excellent!!

Simone Anderson said...

Events! Ha! Events generally have something cool to look at, snow and snow plows do not generally fall into that category. :)

Caley Greene said...

I don't think I could name half the movies - but there's a blizzard outside and I think I might go watch a few. Event - my rear.