Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11

I’m going book shopping today. Ebook shopping that is. I don’t feel like leaving my cushy living room and driving to the book store, plus I don’t have room for anymore regular books. If I get anymore, my husband is going to start rumbling about purging them again. Anyway, I’m looking for feel-good, happily ever after books today. The fairytale kind. Plain old romances. Yeah they’ll be erotic romances ‘cause I like those best, but I really want the basic romance. Boy meets girl. Problems. Heart-breaking, bottom falling out of the world big black moment. Breathless reunion. You know the kind I’m talking about. Do you have any suggestions?

So this morning was the annual 9/11 flag salute for out boys. It wasn’t nearly as cold as last year, but it was a pretty chilly almost 50. Starting at 7:15 (sunrise) we salute the flag continuously until sunset tonight. Each troop rotates in and out at three minute intervals. Let me tell you…try standing at attention and saluting for three minutes straight. You think your arm is gonna die by the time you’re at two and a half minutes. Oh the burn. But it’s a good experience for the boys. We do several rotations then it’s off to school. We will do this as many years as they have the salute. We will never forget the heroes who serve our country everyday. We will not forget what has happened.

I’m past the halfway point on the book I’m working for Ellora’s Cave. I’m writing it for one of the Caveman anthologies…and hoping it gets picked up of course. I’m loving this story. Depending on my day, it’s likely I’ll finish it today. 5000 more words shouldn’t be too much of a stretch. I’ll be thrilled to have it done.

Things to do today:

1. Take a few minutes of remembrance today. No matter where you are in the world, today is a day that affected you.

2. Slow down and appreciate those around you. You never know what tomorrow or the next 46 minutes will bring.

3. Tune later for some Barbie Fun. Pictures are coming...

4. Go to Kelly's blog and pick one... Jason, Kelly. Definitely Jason.

5 comments:

Kelly Kirch said...

Yeah, Jason's a stud. But there's something about Grant, too. No, Jason. Okay, Jason.

There's this really great book by Sandra Cox, Silverhills, which I highly recommend. Not erotica but very wonderful.

Molly Daniels said...

Witch Ball, by Kathleen Coddington would be my suggestion. Or Access Denied by Jacquie Roth. Or even Summer Jordan's Breaking the Rules. Hell, scroll through my blog posts this summer. There are a LOT of good ones out there! And if you want to try a print one...there's an author named Daniels who needs some more internet sales:)

Molly Daniels said...

BTW...Happy Birthday:)

Anny Cook said...

Happy Birthday, lady! Many, many more! Today is also my daughter's birthday. I bet she's close to the same age as you. Sigh.

I nominate Caught in the Devil's Hand by Ruby Duvall (EC)

DJ Kirkby said...

Black box brought me here...man that is one sexy blog header!