Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Love of Military Men

I’m such a dork. The littlest things make me happy. I got a DVD set on covert Navy SEAL operations today. It’s almost four hours worth of SEALS and I’m in seventh heaven. Yeah, like I said. A dork. I'm a little bit of a SEAL groupie. I think special ops men are the hottest men around. I've written them several times -- only one pair in a published book, though. Kai and Brian in Tempting Tamera were former SEALS. I love those two.

So in order to get in shape for my own special SEAL op, I joined a water class at the Y starting tomorrow. LOL. I’ll never be that fit. However, I’m looking forward to the class. I hope I don’t regret it. It will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I decided to join a yoga class too, but not until January. The current one started in May and I don’t want to start in the middle.

So back to the SEALS. I’m starting a revamp on one of my early books which dealt with covert ops. I’m looking forward to diving back into that. Of course I have to finish a few other things first…like this Caveman book. I had to do some ripping apart to correct the plot. Don’t you just hate that? I would have prefered watching about ten movies.

Of course I tried to watch a movie the other day… It was new and I had to get off all the security tape. By the time I got all of the tape off (which must have been adhered with super glue) I didn’t want to watch the movie anymore. See I could never be a SEAL. They would never have such a hard time getting open a DVD -- at least not in my world. Maybe I'll watch a movie on Friday night. I think that’s the next free time I have. My husband’s gone all weekend at a gaming conference so I’m planning to work like a fiend. I plan to do a book marathon. I’d like to get 20,000 words done by next Thursday. It’s a covert operation. My real book marathon will happen with Kelly in a few weeks.

2 comments:

anny cook said...

Have a feeling most women are attracted to military men. Probably goes back to the days when most men carried a gun. Hmmmm.

Bronwyn's Blog said...

I blame you for my fascination with SEALs. If you hadn't introduced me to Suzanne Brockmann I wouldn't be addicted to her SEAL books today.

Frankly, I can't wait for more of your special ops stories - I heart them as much as Suz's and that's saying a lot!