Friday, September 19, 2008

Boot Camp

Day One Brynn’s Bootcamp

I started my water aerobics class yesterday morning. Man it’s full speed all the time. I was worried when we started because we were really going at it and I thought, wow can I do this for an hour. I guess I could ‘cause I did. At the end I was surprised we were already done. I was not surprised however to discover I have zero coordination. It’s a good thing the water somewhat disguises that. Of course everyone could tell when I turned the wrong way ‘cause I don't know right from left. It wasn’t bad. I decided to do it five days a week.

The bonus was…about five minutes in, I looked over and who should be swimming in the first lap lane? Could it be? Yes, it was the man Dakota has dubbed Ethan. I wonder if he swims five days a week…hmmm…

Day Two Brynn’s Bootcamp

Why yes indeed he does swim everyday. Unfortunately, there was no ogling today, ‘cause he was leaving as I was crossing the parking lot. (Mr. Brynn, just looking really)

So the instructor today might possibly have been a former drill instructor. I think I might die later…but I’ll be back on Monday. I still have absolutely no coordination and apparently no balance either. I swear I must look like a drunk platypus. Anyhow, I worked far harder today than yesterday and this workout was very focused on arms. (Ow…)

I have lots of day job work today, but I’m hoping to do some work on my book tonight. Eleven days to get the puppy finished and wrapped up in a shiny perfect bow. Here’s hoping. I’ve got it all figured out. It’s just a matter of doing the work.

Speaking of work…after four months of being laid off, my husband got the ‘big call’ back yesterday. He starts back to work on Monday. That will be quite the change – he’ll be doing third shift. Blech. Well, at least it’s a job. And he’ll be sleeping during the day while I’m working.

In theory…

6 comments:

Bronwyn's Blog said...

I can't believe you got to see that guy in his swimsuit. He's so freaking gorgeous and I'm so freaking jealous!!!

Jennifer Armintrout said...

Platypuses can shoot poisoned barbs from their feet. It are a fact. I know this from my learnings.

Dakota Rebel said...

I am jealous too. I mean, granted I see him naked in my head every time I open the book file, but still. YUMMY.

Congrats to Mr. Brynn on the call back. Sorry the shift is sucky, but maybe it will all work out in the long run.

Still miss you.

XoXoxo
Dakota

anny cook said...

Yep, third shift is sucky, but a paycheck is great, so congrats! I am soooo impressed by your Y gig. I would probably wimp out at second 5 minutes in.

Ashley Ladd said...

Glad hubby started back to work.

LOL - I never saw a drunk platypus but it's quite a hilarious concept.

There's a guy at my gym that's absolutely gorgeous in his swimsuit, too. I need to get back to my gym's pool. I'd go for water aerobics tomorrow but DS2 has a softball game at the same time.

Molly Daniels said...

I kind of enjoyed it when hubby was on nights; I'd cook dinner in the middle of the day, and the kids and I would eat leftovers later. But it's a collective pain in the arse when you've got small children!