Friday, August 22, 2008

Breathing and a review

Yesterday: Four projects completed. Yay! Now I can breathe a little. Today will be a slower day and I will be focusing (eventually) on my work in progress. Hopefully I will be able to share an excerpt of it tomorrow. First, some coffee.

I’m wondering, writers, do you plot or do you write as the story comes. It’s an age old question and debate. Which is better, what do you do…? I’d be interested in hearing your take on it. We all write such diverse stories, I bet we all have different methods.

I got a great review on Master Me yesterday. Let me share.

MASTER ME was one hot story. This reviewer fell in love with Max from the get-go. He is strong, sexy and every ounce a Dom. Ms. Paulin pulls you into the story from the first page. I found myself reading on and on to find out what would happen not only between Ana and Max, but with the contract she signed with Tyler.

This reviewer felt Ana was an intriguing heroine. As she struggles with her emotions I felt she was like a best friend sitting in my living room exposing raw feelings. These characters came out of the story and spoke to me…something that hasn’t happened in a long time. MASTER ME is part of a series but can be read as a standalone. If you crave stories of BDSM and D/s Ms. Paulin is an author I highly recommend. Be forewarned: Once you start you’re not going to want to stop, so make sure you have time set aside to read!

Things to do today:
1. Go to Anny Cook’s blog and check her sage words about walking in another’s shoes.
2. Read about red-hot Vampire betrayal at the Red Towel Fantasies blog. L. Rosario happens to have the same Rafael Lazinni addiction that I do, too.
3. Exercise a little for Pete’s sake. Who is Pete and why do I need to do things for him?
4. Light a candle, have a drink and let the ideas flow.

~~Brynn

4 comments:

Dakota Rebel said...

I like to write out brief outlines of what I would like the story to be about. Then I start writing it and the outline is toast because nothing ever goes the way it should. I'm fine with that, at this point the outline just gets me in the mindset to start a new story. What comes out is almost always better. And sometimes it will be so different from the outline that I get a second book out of the same amount of planning.

Have a drink for me. And f* pete, he's a bully. ;)


XoXoXo
Dakota

Molly Daniels said...

"...once you start, you won't want to stop reading."

Very true! I think I've read all your Cress Bros books in one sitting!

anny cook said...

Congrats on the wonderful review! Excellent!

Thank you for the mention! I appreciate that.

As for writing... I sort of noodle along wherever the characters take me. Don't have even a remote clue where we'll end up. That's why my books are so demented.

Caley Greene said...

Congratulations on the review.

I write as I go.