Saturday, August 2, 2008

Who me?

Hey everyone. Sorry for the long absence. It’s been quite the stretch. And I’ve gotten very little done. You know how life gets in the way…?

Early on I was preparing for Scout camp and getting things done ahead so that I could go there in peace. It sort worked. My account of the first few days of came is here.

The day I got back, my grandmother had a stroke…then on top of it, she got pneumonia. It was very touch and go. Honestly, we didn’t think she’d make it. I think she’s got some time left in her. She’s feeling better and very crabby right now—and letting everyone know it. Personally, I’m happy for it. The queen will settle back into a more laid back mode eventually.

That day I got back from camp, and I didn’t know about my grandma yet, I drove across state and met up with a bunch of great people. Bronwyn Green was with me and we met up with Cindy Spencer Pape, Kaenar Langford, Dakota Rebel and Isabelle Drake. It was a fantastic time. I already knew (and love) Cindy, Kaenar and Isabelle. It was so great to finally meet Dakota. She’s as wonderful in person as she is online. More actually. I can’t wait until next time.

Last night marked the return of Brynn. It was my big chat at the Literagasm loop. Thank you to EVERYONE who attended. It was a fantastic time!

I had questions, quizzes, excerpts and lots of prizes.
Here are some of the questions:

If you could be any character in fiction, whom would you be? Why?
If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional. with whom would it be?
If you were a Star Trek [or Star Wars] character, which one would it be?
If you were a type of food, what type of food would you be?
If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be? would you wear a cape?
Do you believe in love at first sight? Tell me your love story…
If aliens landed in front of you and, in exchange for anything you desire, offered you any position on their planet, what would you want?
Give me five odd uses for a brick...


Wacky. Off the wall. I learned a lot about the great people with whom I chatted. Someone suggested that a brick would be toilet paper, many suggested it as a birth control method. There was some planning on boyfriend control.

Congrats to my prize winners too:
Jaimee won a book, a Starbucks card and a surprise prize pack.
Dakota won a prize pack.
Molly won a Starbucks card.
Tina won a prize pack.

I’m looking forward to the big chat at Literagasm tonight. It ought to be a blast. If you get a chance, stop by. Also if you haven't checked it out already, check out the new LIteragasm blog too.

6 comments:

Dakota Rebel said...

Awww, I'm blushin'. Thanks so much. I had a blast too. You are all awesome and I was also so glad to finally meet you.

Talk to you tonight.

XoXoXo
Dakota Rebel

Molly Daniels said...

Oh sweetie...sorry to hear about your grandmother. Prayers and hugs to you and your family.

Had a great time at the chat Friday:) If I ever get up the nerve to schedule a chat day, I hope you show up and bring your fantastic questions!

Anny Cook said...

Nice to have you back. Glad your grandmother is doing better!

Kelly Kirch said...

OH Crap! I knew I missed something that day! I didn't put the chat on my calendar. I'm sorry I missed you hon. So glad you're back.

Lyn Cash said...

rats - you got to meet Dakota and I didn't.

hope grandmother is MUCH better.

loved the questions - sorry I missed the chats!

looking forward to meeting you soon. *ggg*

Sandra Cox said...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother but so glad she's better! Welcome back:)