Can I say something about downtown Grand Rapids…? There are a bunch of freaking idiots down there at one in the morning. Seriously. I don’t care how much you’ve had to drink—don’t walk in front of my car. Two nights in a row people! C’mon! Percentagewise, I think Grand Rapids has more bars downtown than any other city in the US.
I hate driving downtown as it is. Generally, I only venture there when literally forced. (The Y I attend is technically considered downtown, but it’s on the outskirts and right off a highway exit so I don’t count that) My husband, however, has a new job down there—with no real parking nearby sooooooo…I’ve been driving him back and forth. It’s not a bad drive but people down there… Guh!!!
So I got tagged for that meme thing but I’m not tagging anyone.
1. I read the ends of books first. If I don’t like the ending—if I don’t think it’s spectacular, the chances of me reading the entire book are slim.
2. Sometimes when I’m thinking and staring at the computer, I pull my shirt up over my nose—maybe I’m trying to hide from the work…I have no idea why I do this.
3. I don’t like my food to touch…unless it’s biscuits and gravy with scrambled eggs then it all touches. As a child I made canals between the things on my plate.
4. I will work in the dark until someone turns on a light. I don’t notice it’s getting dark.
5. I never use measuring spoons for dry items when I’m cooking, and rarely for wet.
6. I bake my chocolate chip cookies with half the chocolate chips called for. I actually prefer the cookie part to the chocolate part because (don’t go into shock) I’m not a huge chocolate fan. Sometimes I like it, but mostly…meh. I also ALWAYS burn a batch or cookies on purpose. Those are my favourite ones. For the longest time, my husband would eat those because he felt sorry for me—until I yelled at him for eating the cookies I made for myself when there were a bazillion others for him. He was very relieved—this was last year so he’d been eating burnt cookies for sixteen years. I love that man.
I got a tasty review on Gentle Control yesterday. It’s from Romance Junkies. Here’s a bit:
GENTLE CONTROL is a surprisingly sweet yet sexy story that combines a dominant male, a submissive female, and the fiery passion that they cannot forget. Tempest, while submissive, is a force to be reckoned with. She is the perfect example of a character that prefers the submissive role, yet relishes the control she has in that role. I find Josh amazingly hot as he exerts his dominance. Tempest, while seemingly shy on the outside, has the perfect combination of steel and silk to create a perfect submissive, sexy, partner. Ms. Paulin combined two very appealing characters whose characteristics perfectly complement each other. GENTLE CONTROL sounds pretty appealing after finishing this hot read!
Things to do today:
1. Burn some lovely smelling candles. I’m a candle ho so I can lend you a few if you need them.
2. Make a sound track for your current WIP.
3. Visit Daisy Dexter Dobbs blog. Watch the video and have a good cry. I’ve cried every single time I’ve watched it. It’s a happy cry…don’t be scared. Daisy is one of my favourite authors. Her book Wednesday Nights With Jamie is a definite keeper and one of my recommended reads.
4. Check out Dakota’s Eye Candy. O.M.G.
BTW...the eye candy on my blog today is brought to you by Single White Knight. This is Toby.