Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Black Plague and Death

So, I spent a highly entertaining day yesterday writing about the plague as in “The Great Plague” also known as “The Great Pestilence”. It hit England in 1348 and decimated 30-50% of the population, including, in my case, my heroine’s entire family. She is the sole survivor.

As if this isn’t depressing enough, I then switched over to another book and killed off my hero's lover. It’s back story but the scene will appear in a flashback. It was heart-wrenching and cathartic.

Yep. It was all bunnies and puppies at my house.

In a bad mood? Me? No?

My husband was wise enough to leave the room. He can tell when something is amiss, smart man. He suggested I might want to go to the Y. It’s telling that he suggested this as a way to work off frustration because usually he suggests another means of relieving tension.

Sigh. Men.

Between the two books, I managed to write 2000 words today. Not bad, but not good. I’m starting two days late on Kelly’s challenge so I’m 4000 words behind. Tomorrow, I’ll make up some ground.

I’d probably be farther today, but I ended up working on my book of wonder pages today. These are inspiration pages. Usually I scrapbook them, but today I just used the computer to generate the page. An artist, I’m not, but I’m pleased with it. It's today's picture.

Things to do today:

1. Go to bed at a reasonable hour.

2. Check out Dakota's yummy blog.

3. Realize that it's not too early to start considering Christmas gifts, then put it off for a bit longer.

4. Lay in bed and watch cartoons like you used to as a kids.

~~Brynn

5 comments:

Kelly Kirch said...

The Black Plague? Ooooo. That sounds intriguing. Can you post the premise or a blurb tomorrow?

Molly Daniels said...

Don't feel bad. I'm also two days behind on my writing goal! Making up for lost time today.

anny cook said...

Well, really, isn't murder in every woman's heart? We just have to find the right target...

Good luck with your goals!

sterlingwriter said...

Yes, I have bought four Christmas gifts already. Damn etsy.com.

Caley Greene said...

Love the Book of Wonder! Good luck on the BIAW.