Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Anyone Want to Plot a Book


So yesterday and today, I’ve spent a lot of time staring at a blank screen. I know what I should write. I have my complete premise, I have random ideas, I have awesome GMC (that’s goals, motivation and conflict) but together they’re not a plot. I’m probably stressing too much about this. The thing is…I always write with a solid plot outlined before me. I can write by the seat of my pants, so to speak, but I’m never comfortable with it and I do a lot of second guessing and fixing. That’s not cool.

So my task today: plot. It really is the proverbial 4-letter word right now. I can hear so many nay-sayers hissing and saying, “Plot? God no!”

I’ve got some tricks up my sleeve and I’ll be dragging them out…they’re the last ditch, spur my brain into action sort…

Enough whining about plotting. This week, I got a great review from Alternative –Reads for MASTER ME:

This is a wonderful BDSM story. It is the kind that is Masterful as well as tender. It touches the heart as well as other parts of the anatomy and creates many warm feelings.


BTW...the picture above is my latest "inspiration" page.

Things to do today:

1. Check out Cindy Spencer Pape’s blog about socialized beliefs and racism.

2. Check out Ellen Ashe’s cool contest.

3. Have some strawberry shortcake and taste summer while it lasts.

4. Try Mike’s Hard Pomegranate Lemonade—I want opinions.


~~Brynn

6 comments:

Dakota Rebel said...

Hmmm....I guess no one has tried the Pom Lemonade. ;)

You'll have to post how it tasted. Though I hope you're not drinking it with strawberry shortcake. I'm not sure how those things would go together.

XoXoXO
Dakota

Ashley Ladd said...

I have so many plots in my head waiting to be written, I'm just chafing for the time. Then I start something totally new and bump it back. Finally last night I started writing a book that I've been thinking about for at least 3 years. About time, huh?

Bronwyn's Blog said...

Good luck with your story - I know you'll pull it out though. :)

Bronwyn's Blog said...

PS - I tagged you for blog tag :) Rules are on my blog.

Kelly Kirch said...

Haven't tried it, sorry. Still think your inspiration page is better than any cover and if you figure out the writing problem, let me know... I'm in a similar situation.

Jennifer Armintrout said...

I refuse to believe that you, lady of a bajillion and one ideas, are going to get permanently stuck on a writing project.