Friday, June 13, 2008

Nothin’ But Net

I get to be a writer again.

Since last September, I’ve been working my hiney off trying to stay afloat at work. A never ending job when dealing with prolific people (who I really like, thank you very much—so that’s not a complaint). Anyway, for the last couple months, I’ve been working to get ahead instead of barely on time. And guess what? As of yesterday at 11:35 AM, I was officially two months ahead of my schedule. And the angels sang. Really they did.

What this means is that, while I will still be working, I actually have time to be a writer most of the time. I can’t even tell you how happy that makes me. I have four partial books that have been screaming for me to finish them…I’ve been ignoring them. Heck, I barely had time to celebrate Tempting Tamera

And now a break to celebrate: Tamera hit #1 at Fictionwise!!! It’s #2 now, but I’m not crying. It was at #1 for about two weeks. And Tamera is #3 at All Romance Ebooks and still holding in the top 10 at Total-e-bound (since April 21). On top of that, Brit Party is still #2 at Total-e-bound. It’s definitely a reason to celebrate. And Tribute for the Goddess is in print. I’m dying to get my hands on a print copy of it. It should be coming any day.

So what am I working on now? Legend. I have two books in that anthology. The first and the last stories. The first is A Legend Arises. It’s complete. Sort of. I have to write four sex scenes. I don’t think my readers would appreciate [insert sex here]. The other story I’m pounding through is A Legend Accomplished. A secret…it’s really the other half of the first story. Together the stories will take the lovers full circle.

Other news…let’s see…

My kids were done with school today. yeah. Do you see the lack of enthusiasm?

Despite working like mad, I’ve been spending two to three hours a day at the Y. Strength training, cardio, swimming and then the reward of the sauna, steam room and whirlpool. I’ve discovered I can listen to my Zune on the treadmill and let my mind wander to my books. I’ve gotten some awesome ideas for both Single White Knight and Finding Francesca while plodding along.

I got a Zune. That’s really cool. It holds tons of music, videos and pictures. I have the first three episodes of Psych downloaded to it. The rest of the episodes are on my computer, waiting to be uploaded.

Oh!!! I now have THREE books listed on Amazon. It's really cool! And the angels sang again!

I managed to get my son addicted to the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. He won’t put down the first book Twilight and he plans to start the second book New Moon immediately after. It’s sitting on his desk…waiting. He’s dying for the Twilight movie to come out. For a peek, go here. And here’s the trailer. It comes out December 12, 2008. Guess what I’m gonna be doing that day.

I guess that’s about it…

I’m off to write. Nothin’ but net!

Have fun!

~~Brynn

6 comments:

Bronwyn's Blog said...

Congratulations on getting caught up - you've been working your butt off!

Congratulations on everything else too - you rock, babe!!!!

Kelly Kirch said...

Well yay! It's about time the writer got to write. I'm really happy for you because it must have been tough reading all those other works and not being able to write your own. Welcome back. I'd sing with the angels but you'd ask me to stop.

Caley Greene said...

Congratulations all the way around!!!!

Anny Cook said...

Well, I'm very happy for you. Nothing as frustrating for a writer as not being able to write. Get on with it girl!

Molly Daniels said...

Yay for you:) You're doing well and as soon as I get a new PC, I'll be able to read your books again!

Ashley Ladd said...

Congrats on being ahead of schedule and writing again. Can't wait to read your new stuff.

I'm also in awe of and a bit envious, that you get so much time at the gym. I have to make time for it again. I've gotten so lax and the scale and my clothes are showing it. Oy! I'm happy for you, though.

Maybe since we were keeping you so busy I can slow down a bit on writing and go to the gym more.