Sunday, January 20, 2008

Meme Tag

Okay, I was tagged by fellow Total-e-bound author, Kaz, to do the meme. So here goes:

Six Random Things About Me

1. I have hair almost to my waist. Medium brown.

2. I met my husband at McDonalds where we both worked at the time. I was his boss. He got to work lobby whenever he pissed me off. It's probably a good thing he went active duty in the military. It saved our courtship. Also, he still went out with me even though I slid off the chair to the ground on our first date and I dumped ice water in his lap on the second.

3. My nickname is Gracie. (see #2)

4. I often listen to the same song on repeat while I'm writing. Hearing the same thing over and over helps me tune out everything but the voices in my head.

5. I'm the scoutmaster of a Boy Scout troop -- ironic since I don't particularly like camping, bugs, or sweating. My sleeping bag is pink and I carry my stuff in a backpack with a huge picture of Jack Sparrow on it. It's called the Jackpack.

6. I'm allergic to psuedoephedrine but thanks to the illegal activities of all the meth lab people, cold medicines have been reformulated and I can once again take meds for my colds.

Here are the trouble makers I've tagged:

a) Bronwyn Green, critique partner and best friend

b) Jennifer Armintrout, good friend and USA Today bestseller

c) Cheryl Sterling, Elf magnet and good friend

d) Kelly Kirch, awesome author

e) Dakota Rebel, a fellow Total-E-Bound author

f) Sommer Marsden, smut girl extraodinaire

The Rules
Link to the person who tagged you
Post the rules on your blog
Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website

6 comments:

Bronwyn's Blog said...

It's good that the meth labs are looking out for you!

Bronwyn's Blog said...

Also...still jealous of the hair.

Jennifer Armintrout said...

Hey, I didn't know you were allergic to psuedoephedrine! I have awful reactions to the stuff (it's still in Mucinex, so watch out for that). I get panicky and basically go insane for several hours. I took Mucinex, not realizing what was in it, and spent four hours crying and shaking under a blanket, convinced I was going to die.

Brynn Paulin said...

Yep, it's pretty much like that. And my pulse races out of control and I get all shaky like I've got some sort of weird palsy.

Molly Daniels said...

That stuff just knocks me out. When I was pg with my daughter, all I could take was Actifed, and it guarrenteed me a two-hour nap. Thank God my son was able to watch TV...I left him in front of Mr. Rogers, went to shut my eyes for 'just a minute' and woke up 2 1/2 hours later...he was sound asleep in front of 'Body Electric'! The rest of that pregnancy I just suffered through until it was nap time for BOTH of us:)

Anny Cook said...

Ah, yes, is there anyone that hasn't worked at McDonalds? What would we do with McD's to employ us all? At one time I had sit-upon hair, but no more (silver-gray).