Monday, October 29, 2007

Now Where'd I Leave My Gloves


Well despite predictions otherwise, it looks like we’ll hold steady at mid-40s to low 50s, with no snow, for at least another week. Unlike a lot of people when it starts getting cold in the morning, like today, I start hoping for snow. I was kinda excited when I heard there would be some on Thursday. Oh the let down. I figure if it’s cold and I’m gonna freeze my hiney off letting the dog out in the morning, there might as well be some white stuff on the ground—and I don’t mean frost. There was plenty of that this morning. I had to scrape my car windows. Guh!!!

It’s a good morning to stay in and write. I have three books I want to finish by the end of December and about thirty pounds I want to lose. Ten pounds for every book. Hmmm. If I’m serious I can probably do it. A lot of people put on weight in the winter. I, on the other hand, lose better in the winter. Just another Brynn weirdity. Yes, I made up that word. I make up words all the time. Like…snarkasm. Snarkasm is the result of being simultaneously snarky and sarcastic. I have all kinds of words phrases I use when critiquing my friend’s work. I’d never use these on anyone else’s work. They wouldn’t get it and would probably be insulted. For example, most people wouldn’t like it if I told them this paragraph is really ‘chunkin’ up the page’, break it up.’ They also might not like it if I mentioned that a particular scene was very cuntastic—which is a great sex scene with an overabundance of the word cunt. Those a couple. I know there are a lot more, but it’s way too early to think of them right now.

Tomorrow…a snark-worthy discussion of the particularly noteworthy euphemism I’ve found for cock.

Yesterday
Children: Living. Homework avoidance 1 on the standard 1-10 scale of homework perfection. Thank goodness it’s Monday. This is going to be a long two months of absolutely deserved grounding.
Loads of laundry: 3
Words Written: 0

7 comments:

barbara huffert said...

Yay! I was beginning to feel like I am the only person looking forward to winter. Aren't the weathermen annoying when they praise unseasonably warm temps or gripe about the chance of snow?

Brynn Paulin said...

No, I look forward to it every year. I LOVE winter. I don't even mind driving on yucky roads.

Molly Daniels said...

We had frost for the first time this season this am. My fav weatherman up in Indy loves the cold temps; I thought he was crazy:) I could cheerfully live where the temps range from 60-100! Or, never have to drive in the cold...I tend to hibernate in the winter and let hubby run all the errands!

Dakota Rebel said...

I think I may have to steal some of your words. And I may petition Websters to add them to the dictionary. If EVOO (Rachel Rays made-up word for extra virgin olive oil [which by the way is not even a word but an abbreviation] in case you weren't aware) can get in there, surely Snarkasm and Cuntastic BELONG. They are great words that mean exactly what they sound like. I would be flattered beyond all belief if you were to call my work "cuntastic."

Bronwyn's Blog said...

I'm looking forward to snarky cock discussion. I love me a good euphamism.

Amarinda Jones said...

I loathe the 'c' word...it just grates on me...

Good to see you're getting your laundry done

sterlingwriter said...

Hey, I need to borrow your euphamism book. I'm going to be writing medieval sex and need some appropriate words.
I was thinking of "chunking up the page" today.
And you're all freaking crazy for liking winter. I'm all for global warming, baby.